Maastricht is located in the southeast of the Netherlands, close to the borders of both Belgium and Germany. As a city, it is one of the oldest in the Netherlands with historical architecture and a thriving community.
MAASTRICHT IS THE MOST EUROPEAN CITY OF THE NETHERLANDS
- The ambiance you feel in the streets of Maastricht is similar to the ambiance in French romantic cities
- Numerous European and international institutes are based in Maastricht
- The European Union as we know it nowadays was born in Maastricht (Maastricht Treaty 1991/1992)
- Maastricht is the proud host of many important European meetings and is host of the TEFAF (The European Fine Art Fair)
- Maastricht as a student city counts 60,000 foreign students
Discover the city
Maastricht is one of the oldest cities in the Netherlands and has several places of interest to explore. A stroll through the city will give visitors a glimpse of the historic churches, city walls and quaint city squares. Explore the many interesting things Maastricht has to offer.
Places of interest
In Maastricht culture in all its facets is equal to an experience. A mix of shapes and styles comes in scents and colors are ready for you to experience.
Please visit the website of the local tourist office for more information.
Culinary traditions are deeply rooted in Maastricht, as attested by the no less than four restaurants sporting a total of five Michelin stars in front. But the local residents are also more than happy to indulge their taste buds in a small but cozy wine restaurant.
Please visit the website of the local tourist office for more information about the restaurants in Maastricht.